Royal Arsenal RFC 2016 Xmas Party ‘Kris Kringle’ (Secret Santa Gift Giving) Rules
- Whoever wants to play brings a wrapped, unmarked quirky gift max. 10 pounds in value.
- The gifts are placed somewhere central.
- Anyone who brings a gift writes their name on pieces of paper.
- All pieces of paper are placed in a container.
- The host(Ed) picks a name from the container (this begins the first round).
- That person picks a gift and unwraps it (end of first round).
- That same person picks a second name from the container (this begins another round).
- That new person now has the option of stealing from the first person or picking a new gift and unwrapping it. If they steal, the first person selects a new gift and unwraps it (end of second round).
- Now rounds continue with a new person being selected and end when everyone has made their selection or there are no more gifts to steal (a gift can only be stolen once in a round—to keep track of this everyone places their gifts on their laps at the beginning of a round, and on the floor once they’ve been stolen.
- If a name gets selected and that person already has a gift, they have the option of (A) keeping their gift (in which case, the round is over and they pick a new name), or (B) stealing from someone else (in which case, they trade gifts and the round continues).
- This cycle of high thievery continues until the last name is picked and that person can keep what they have (game over).