PRESS RELEASE: Wednesday March 25th 2021
Organized outdoor sport
• Outdoor sport for adults and children is permitted in larger numbers, provided it is formally organized (for example, by a national governing body or a qualified instructor and follows COVID-secure guidance).
• Organized sport and supervised children’s sport and physical activity can take place outdoors, but people should maintain the rules on social contact before and after sporting activity.
• Participants should adhere to social distancing when not actively participating (e.g. during breaks in play, or when awaiting substitutions).
• Social interaction before and after playing any sport should only take place outdoors, and in separate and distinct groups consisting of up to 6 people or two households.
• Touch & Tag are NON contact sports but we have to adapt both training and game-play to reduce the spread of Corona virus as much as reasonably possible and take steps to minimize risk.
• Where sport is not formally organized(a kick about with friends in the park), it can only take place within the rules on social contact above – in groups of up to 6 people, or two households.
As the vaccine deployment program continues successfully and evidence shows the reduction of hospitalizations and deaths in those vaccinated, the government has set out the easing of lock down.
Thankfully 😉 the latest announcement means Grassroots Sports is able resume on Monday March 29th!!!
Please watch out for updates on the following social media platforms where press releases occur.
With regards our club team’s resumption namely Royal Arsenal, Woolwich Arsenal, Team Arsenal & Riverside Arsenal, they are all refreshed ready to kick into action.
It seems there is no change to the format on days and time previously organized by Try Tag Rugby.
There is a league ready to kick off in Blackheath on Saturday April 3rd and positions for teams and players are available as of writing February 2021. LINK HERE TO SIGN UP
DRAFT RISK ASSESSMENT FOR RETURN TO PLAY MARCH 29TH 2021
In the meantime, if you have any general questions on the vaccine you can find it here.